Monday, March 23, 2009

Jaymee Ong getting married


It's a sad day knowing your fav model is getting married. It's like taking my Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford calenders and posters away from me during my adolescent-pumping-teenage years. But damn, Jaymee Ong is getting married!

A lot of people might not know who she is, currently seen on AXN's eBuzz as host as well as previous Contender Asia. I think I have some ads of her when she was still in her teen as a model...haha. She did appear on Pearl Harbor (I am still trying to find her in that movie) and guest appearances in various TV series such as Las Vegas and Entourage.

Anyway enough said about my persistent tracking of her, I am happy for her, seriously because I have seen her beau at the Slingers game, and I thought he might be someone in the industry - reading crappy sad news about consistent breakups between celebrities such as Glenn Ong really makes me wonder if those people can ever find true happiness. But is it now known that Jaymee's lucky 2nd half, Matthew Heath is an electrical engineer! B.Eng rawks! Seriously I applaude you - Matthew! As a fellow engineer, also with a B.Eng (Electrical & Electronics) title to my name - you scored!

From Matthew:

'So when people say you can never meet the love of your life at a club (they met at the now-defunct Ministry of Sound), it's such a lie. You can - just don't be drunk when you meet them.'


And there you go Jase!

Jaymee added:
'I've dated people from the industry but never found someone really compatible. I just wanted someone who's real.

'Matt doesn't try to impress; he is who he is. He gets along with everyone.



So this goes out to all engineers who are having an increasingly prestigious job, and President Obama on the latest Jay Leno's show mentioned "Engineer" first over scientists, doctors or teachers as adding value to the world and yes, financiers and elite smart CEO-asses are the cause of the current shit we are facing. I hope the Singapore government was watching Jay Leno last week, hire some down-to-earth-engineer as MP for God's sake!

Quoted from President Obama:

And what we need is steady growth; we need young people, instead of -- a smart kid coming out of school, instead of wanting to be an investment banker, we need them to decide they want to be an engineer, they want to be a scientist, they want to be a doctor or a teacher.



For those who missed the show - full transcript of Obama found here.
And a video here (Full interview on NBC.com):


And yes just to emphasise once more, now we even get the hotties!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Obama made much thought into mentioning engineers or docotrs first, you read too much into it.

Anonymous said...

of cos I did. anything to make my job feel a lot better since I don't think engineers earn enough compared to scums who are now the root cause to the situation we are seeing now. But then again, if it was not a prepared answer, and we all know reflex-without-thought answers to questions like cows drink xxxx?? Well I rest my point if.. it was then a prepared answer.