Saturday, March 07, 2009

More basketball

Yes I think I should rant less, since it takes up time and energy to be allegedly denigratory, perhaps I should just throw it all in. Do more sports and be less concerned with how our leaders manage the country and where our government throws away our reserves. Let them do what they want since they can do it. Since I am no elite scholar, do not expect me to suggest wonderful solutions about it, just accept whatever they dish out and live in this Matrix-mentality society and be apolitical as they want us all to be. No way I am going to throw away my decent job and my life away demonstrating about it. Anyway cut me some Wee Shu Min slack, just because I rant online and not in a coffeeshop. Perhaps I will when I turn 50 and hang out at kopitiams and void decks, be a grumpy old man.

I churn out solutionless crap not because I am not happy with life, in fact I am very contented with my life so far besides a few pursuits which I am constantly still chasing. Seriously, I have a good challenging job, sufficiently paid to be able to occasionally travel out of the island and see the world, have a decent ride and great family and friends. I have enough time to enjoy sports and enough loose change for beer. So why am I complaining?

I just think Sillyporeans don't speak up, they choose to accept life the way it is dished out to them. And too many Singaporeans choose to read what they are spoon-fed, and accept their way of living as the only way they know. To many the Straits Times and local TV channels is the only source of news; but to some who choose to read this crappy blog, you think you know a lot more and what is perceived here are mere rants. In conceitedness, how different are you handling your peeves and who gives you the right to judge if a critique without an answer is pointless? To me I am just sharing what I read and how I feel about it, yeah I may not have solutions but its not my job to begin with. Pay me my millions, perhaps I can give a faster solution to losing billions.

Oh by the way do note my "humble" abode is in quotation marks or inverted commas - in no way am I humble when I spurn or vilify my local government. Humility and being critical does not go hand in hand.


So for now, more basketball...here's a clip of Chris Paul doing a quick under the leg pass to himself then an assist for an alley-oop dunk.




And yes, you can tell I am rather pissed off when people whom I think should know better, is telling how a personal blog should be. MYOFB...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

write wat u want to write, think wat u want to think, feel wat u want to feel. that's the least of rights u have. be urself, be happy and those busy body shld MYOB. don't like what you read? don't read! ~ yeah~

airworm said...

Indeed..to each their own views, why pass judgments when who are you to pass them. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Good boy. Now that you're promoted from bacteria to serf, we just need to teach you how to beg.