Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fail to read

I love to read, and recently online material especially when our state media have indicated that online material is more of fallacies without truth. So I started reading more to find out the truth. We read to learn, to gain perspectives, alternative views. Same reason why we indulge in criticising and crapping.

Another good read which is a lingering ponder if Sillypore will fail.

I was particular impressed with an excerpt of the blog entry which reaffirms why I think SM Goh was an impressive PM.

The older generation of Singaporeans has fully absorbed the virtues of ethnic harmony. I experienced that when I accompanied then Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong on an official visit to Malaysia.

We stayed in the Carcosa. One day, the Malaysian butler asked Goh what he would like for breakfast. He expected Goh to choose either a Chinese or English breakfast. To his amazement, Goh said: “Get me thosai from Brickfields.”


I would have chosen 2 egg pratas from coffeeshop behind Sunway Lagoon. But then again, who cares what I would like for breakfast.


Would like to reiterate that I have no affliations to the person writing that blog entry or I have any affiliations with any political parties. I openly declare that I love my country and my ruling party, who gave me one of the lowest personal income tax rate in the region and my subsidized education... And I really don't drink kopi.

No comments: