Monday, November 02, 2009

Remember

There are 2 things worth remembering today...

The game started with a moment of silence to remember Lawrance Chow, as we stood by the courtside awaiting the game to start, we wondered who is Lawrance. Well, only now I know that he is the son of Slingers Deputy Chairman Chow Yen Lu but more importantly Lawrance is someone who love sports and with it...life, here is a great write up about Slingers by Lawrance; and that is how I briefly know him - through his words.


As we start the game, it was clearly shown that the Singapore Slingers were playing well tonight. And Indonesia Satria Muda Britama team were not themselves, being #2 in the league standings. Slingers rolled over them, winning 96-72 with the local boys doing everyone proud, which I will blog in details later with pictures but for now just look at the scores - even Prasad scored his first 2 points!


turbanizer.com corporate box with their MISS sign - quite effective I must say!


Almost at the end of the game, emotions got the better of me as I sat in front of the Turbanizer.com corporate box. Those guys are great fans screaming and often with their dangling MISS sign during free throw shoots and this time round, they even shared it with the Botak Jones' corporate box who took over that responsibility of pissing the opponents off in the 2nd half. Well, how exactly did I got too emotional? I joined in and started screaming with them at the Indonesian import - Alex Hartman you suck!


Botak Jones himself taking over the MISS sign in the 2nd half, as the team switch sides. 

So this Hartman guy actually replies to our taunts, and says this to us, well wait till you guys come to our court. I'll make sure we trash you by 40 points. I shouted back at him "Yeah right!" and he replied 40 points. I shouted back, "You do that, I'd hold you to that!!" Arrogance in another degree. Early in the game, he shot an air ball, and I overheard him saying to the referees that they did not call a foul, "No way can a professional player like me would shoot an air ball on a hook shot."

Let me tell you this. I watched Michael Jordan live in action, he missed a dunk and he shot air balls, and he is the undisputed greatest basketball player in the world. He displays more professionalism that you. Just to put you in place , the following pictures are for you and I will remember your promise to me. 40 points.


Hartman getting a LeBlanc block, who was waiting for quite some time
 
Here is Hartman trying to dunk - trying because this is actually a throw in as his fingers only touch the rim after the ball bounced off the rim with an off arm pushing Desmond Oh.

Hartman - you suck!