Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Ignorance is bliss and I have no country

Weekly worthy reads - Singapore is a city and that's the truth. As the years go on, the occupants of this island should wake up to reality that we are merely renting a hotel on the island. This is not a country, since the bulk of us can't vote anyway, we just need to be obedient and dutifully work and enjoy live basketball games, with self-paid nanny millionaires governing the state without you needing to worry. Just make sure you pay your taxes on time and enjoy peace.

And of course, to be part of these millionaires, you must love to be ignorant despite many years of quality education.
“Our approach has therefore to [sic] been to ignore the criticisms which make no sense (to us).”
Mr K Shanmugam, Minister for Law & Second Minister for Home Affairs
26th October 2009

Nice approach, takes the pressure off needing to be accountable and answerable. And seriously, criticisms? Humbug..like I f*%#ing care what you 200 nitwits lawyers from the New York State Bar Association International Section think. Our drone-repressed citizens enjoying being plugged into the City Matrix and enjoying the fabulous ride.


Pretty screwed scrawling seen at a traffic crossing somewhere near Ang Mo Kio MRT

Ooh hoo..did I mentioned I need to do NS in the City Matrix? Upcoming March, wondering if a new software upgrade with PRs or FWs doing my NS since this is not a country anyway? Hope I can still keep my job, as my US boss was unaware of my 40-day NS liabilities as I was headhunted from Hong Kong. Ding!