Monday, May 19, 2008

X-rays


Do you see it? Apparently it is small avulsion fracture at the 4th middle phalanx. Well I don't see it...I squinted my eyes till they popped - I still don't see anything!

So what the hell is that? So need to read up more so I can figure out when I can start balling or wakeboarding again...


What is an avulsion fracture?
An avulsion fracture is an injury to the bone in a place where a tendon or ligament attaches to the bone. When an avulsion fracture occurs, the tendon or ligament pulls off a piece of the bone.


What is the treatment of an avulsion fracture?
Most often, an avulsion fracture is treated as a soft-tissue injury. If the fracture is small, it is usually sufficient to treat with rest and support bandage


So I can't do anything about it but rest and keep wearing my finger guards. WTF!

No comments: