Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New York, I Love You

Just caught the movie "New York, I Love You" with a friend. She wanted to watch another chick flick "It's complicated" alone, but I managed to convinced her to watch this instead and I'll join her. This movie about finding love in New York, was really interesting after seeing the movie trailer filled with many great actors. But I heard some segments were cut like the one by Scarlett Johansson, which would only be found on the DVD, which I still do not see selling in the stores, though the movie premiered in Sep 2008, and official release was Oct 2009.

I absolutely love this movie though I have never watched the Paris version of it - "Paris, je t'aime" by the same producer. It's not a mushy love movie, but a collaborative storytelling style of stitched segments from individual directors, from all over the world,  giving their perspective about love...in New York. A star-studded cast, including Natalie Portman who acted as well as directed in one segment, which makes it absolutely brilliant to watch. The one I like most is by Joshua Marston. A story about 2 old couples...it's so funny and heartwarming, it made me want to grow old with someone.


Here's the movie trailer and some of my snapshots of the big apple in 2008...can't wait to get back later this year.