Wednesday, January 13, 2010

ABL Playoff picture

So we got our revenge, by winning KL Dragons at home by 18 points on Monday 92-74, thinking back how they beat us 84-74 on 22 Nov last year. This should even things...hehe

So right now we go on the road for 3 more games. That doesn't mean we play half-hearted, since we do have a chance to get on top of the table if we win all 3 games. And if we come 1st or 2nd our first home playoff game will be the 31st of Jan '10.  If we come 3rd or 4th our first home game would be the 4th of Feb '10.

The playoffs are a best of three semi finals; with the team having the better record having the home court advantage.  The series would be Home – Away – Home.  The Grand Final is best of five with Home – Away – Home – Away – Home.  We could theoretically have 5 home games if we go all the way.

So let's go Slingers..and book your tickets early once they have firmed up the dates once the remaining games are over. Slingers owner Bob Turner mentioned on CNA that he expects 10,000 to come support the playoffs!

Just watched Invictus, the true story about Mandela and his unlikely Rugby team to win the World Cup in under a year when Nelson became President. They lived on one poem, which shows that if we want to, we can do it.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul
In the fell clutch of circumstances
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of change
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the year
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
- Invictus by William Ernest Henley