Monday, June 08, 2009

Which comes first?

I am still clueless why some articles about Singapore, tend to come faster from international news as compared to our local ShittyState Times or CNA. And apparently the badly/poorly/shockingly newsworthy ones are always the slower ones. Often I have to catch them on Reuters, CNN, BBC or CNBC before it is available locally.



Perhaps our news media is taking cues from them or the international correspondents, journalist have better drivers around our island. Or maybe perhaps there is just too much bureaucracies...or too much hypothesis and they want to verify their sources like how it is in State of Play. This Russel Crowe thriller which I managed to get preview tickets to last Wednesday highlights the best in journalism and reminds me of another Russel Crowe thriller, The Insider.

Anyhow, I guess it's another reason not to subscribe to the local newspapers.

No comments: