Monday, June 29, 2009

Please help Charmaine

Lately my life has been packed with personal activities, weekend after weekends. It has been tiring but somehow not very fulfilling except losing weight. Not sure if many of you out there feels the same. After reading an news article over the weekend about a Mr. Wong and his wife helping out foreign workers in Singapore who have been marginalized and they offer free food in Boon Lay to help these workers. These occasional articles by ST's journalists, I feel are good things mainstream media has done to a better effect then new media which quite often do not bring about as much help. Anyway I would like to help both financially and physically as it brings me back to 7-8 years ago when quite often with my girlfriend then, we would visit children's home with sweets and toys and help out. Then later on with my very busy work life, I would occasionally join church groups to visit old folks' home which has like the children's home brought a certain sadness to mind. But all have faltered as life just took on a different perspective and I get too often caught up with myself. And helping out in anyway we can, really puts fulfillment and a whole lot of soul back into your life. So I do hope you join me as helping out with these foreign workers will be a good start to my often words of engagement. I hope I finally do more than talking/writing about it. Would blog about it once Mr. Wong contacts me back on how to help and appreciate if more people can come forward to aid people in such crisis times. I believe Singaporeans being very charitable people, Mr. Wong's mobile has been ringing constantly with offers to help.


But this issue which I would like to bring up has caught my attention as it is far more serious and needs immediate attention. It just came into my attention from friends on my Facebook and Mr.Brown. I appreciate readers of my blog to head to this website - ourfeistyprincess.com for more information and how we can all help little Charmaine who has unfortunately caught a rare form of cancer and is currently undergoing Chemotheraphy and mom's friends are trying very hard to raise funds to increase her chance of survival from 10% to 40-50% with a new drug, but it's only approved in NY and needs a US$350,000 (S$500k) deposit to start treatment. Charmaine comes from a single parent family with Mom quitting her job to take care of her full time. None of the money raised so far has been used but purely for the NY treatment.



Charmaine has a blog with updates and quite often we have scams floating around us, but I have vetted this to be true, with numerous newspaper articles as well. Do help out in anyway you can from Charmaine's blog links on the right hand side titled "MEDIA AND FUNDRAISING".

Video by Oli Pettigrew to raise funds.

No comments: