Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Study: Men prefer being solo over a bad marriage




Reading this study... and speaking to most friends, I think it works for both men and women, but anyway check out the article here and interesting numbers below:

1) U.S. figures showed that in 1980 about 6% of men aged in their early 40s had never married but this number had now risen to 17%.
2) Online survey found there are three groups of bachelors -- about 8% who never want to marry, 62% want to marry but of which half won't settle for anything less than perfection, and about 30% who are on the fence.
3) 4 out of 10 bachelors did not want children compared to 3 out of 10 wanting to be a father. The rest were undecided.
4) While 72% of respondents said they were not afraid of marriage, about half of them said the situation that scared them most was marrying the wrong person.

By the way for those readers who were born from a totally different era from me, that's Han Solo in the picture, yes indeed he bears resemblance to Indiana Jones - both characters are played by Harrison Ford and yes that's about 30 years apart.
Well I wanted to use him to represent this topic because, yes his name is Solo and the fact that I will always remember this line from him in one of the Star Wars Prelogy “Wonderful girl. Either I’m going to kill her, or I’m beginning to like her.”

I think it's easier to kill or lose the girl than to like one. Many fans have singled out Han Solo as being cocky and bad-ass, yet sincere. No wonder he's always my favorite character.

No comments: