Monday, June 09, 2008

I am injury prone


Ok read an article online which explains why I am injury prone.

Forbes.com ranked the top 10 sports using the estimated number of injuries for people of all ages. The rankings do not take into account varying participation rates, which partly explains why many popular sports yielded the greatest number of injuries.

The numbers show, surprisingly, that of all the activities you might participate in this summer, or throughout the rest of the year, basketball had the highest estimated number of injuries, with more than 529,000 during 2006, followed by bicycling, at over 490,000.


The injuries reported ranged from getting elbowed in the mouth during a basketball game to a fractured femur following an ATV rollover.

So my recent 2 injuries have been from the 2 most hazardous sports. Besides my finger fracture from a basketball game with colleagues 2 months ago; I was cycling in the park 2 weekends ago and got clipped by an idiot rental biker who tried to be Schumacher around a bend and decided to take me as a cushion. And left me a long skin scrape which now looks like a tattoo design. This adds on to the numerous scars and fractures I have gathered over the years from cycling, inline skating, basketball etc.

Now I know why I am injury prone, and being an avid participant in the top 2 most hazardous sports does make my life more rugged looking; and I thought rugby and soccer were more dangerous. Move aside faggots.

No comments: