Thursday, February 14, 2008

Think TP reading my blog!


Okay, seriously I shouldn't blog about speed cameras. Karma came back to me in the form of getting stopped for a spot check for alcohol..

I was stopped at the back lane of Mackenzie Road. I normally don't even take that road.
Arrow points at the spot where I had my virgin breathalyser. Anyway I did come from the Slingers game and there was free beer and wine. Luckily I rested first and had some dinner and tea to bring down the level. There was 3 levels to the breathalyser.

1) You drunk - Come with me to the police station.
2) I warn you - don't do it again. Now go on home and dwell on it!
3) You good boy - now go on home, thanks for letting me bother you.

I was at the warning level.
The Traffic police officer would keep your IC and your driving license and inform you beforehand that if you hit level 1, he was going to keep it and you have to follow him to the police station. He was nice enough to explain to me the alcoholic limit of each person differs from body to body and even gave me the plastic tube I blew in, as a souvenir to remind me how close I came to being hauled into the police station.

Thank God the NBL season just ended. More to come on the field report of the horrendous match. Really busy at work today..

No comments: