Wednesday, February 20, 2008

When friends should stop being friends...

I guess when one chooses a friend, a good friend to be more exact. What are you expecting from a friend? Just superficial concerns of how-are-you; how-is-your-day sort of questions? I have been frank all my life and the thought of being appreciate of the truth, of true words coming from a friend is somewhat valued and treasured.

Never have I thought that friends can find opinions and comments or views coming from a friend a nuisance, especially when its out of concern and there is no hidden agenda or edited-for-easier-listening truths. And of late, I have pissed off or actually I got pissed off by 2 close friends.

It's especially painful when you realised that all they want to keep them company is just being a yes-man. Seriously, sometimes it's best we just keep our concerns to those who deserve it. And no point thinking about how best we should adjust to our friends to match them. We should always be who we are, and if things do not work out - like a relationship, sometimes its best to let it go...

To really sum up how I feel about this issue at hand, is through some quotes I find that I can relate to.

A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

My friend is he who will tell me my faults in private.
-- Solomon Ibn Gabirol

An honest answer is the sign of true friendship.
-- Proverbs 24:26

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.
-- Sicilian Proverb

Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends.
-- Czech. Proverb

One of the surest evidences of friendship that one individual can display to another is telling him gently of a fault. If any other can excel it, it is listening to such a disclosure with gratitude, and amending the error.
-- Edward Bulwer-Lytton


I guess in life, even friendship has a tenure...

2 comments:

Vandalin said...

sounds like you need a drink.

I have this bottle at Plush bar i need help finishing...

airworm said...

Dude..call me..indeed I need a drink..