Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2021

Unlike my other happening travels for 2009, from U2 concert to spotted skies in Perth; Siem Reap seems to have a hold on me...making it one of the trips that I really enjoy. Why I wonder...


 A Cambodian child praying at the temple along with her family


Maybe it was the time alone and the fact that this was purely a photography trip with great company, learning the nifty workings of my new camera body with great guidance from my "pro" friends. Or perhaps it was just the innocence I found from taking rustic pictures of ninth century temples and Cambodian children doing the simplest things. Having them looking at me through my lens...made me find the need to look back.


Monks at Angkor Wat giving me a look back as I snap a shot of them walking through


As I took my flight from Kuala Lumpur, the long deliberate strolls within the Malaysian city still brings back memories as the streets I once walked 10 years ago. But back home, the buildings and streets which I fondly tried to remember, is now replaced with newer concrete, building material which triggers nothing but a sense of loss. Slowly I come to appreciate that I no longer clamour for modern spanking buildings in Tokyo and Shanghai. This sort of revelation made me realised that I had finally grown older.

2009 is the year I have fulfilled many of my goals I have set out to do and finally did it, from hitting the weight I once last saw 6-8 years ago to attending the concert I have always wanted to since I bought the Joshua Tree album in 1990. Next stop, 2021.



Here's looking at me 12 years ago, and onwards to 12 years from today.