Thursday, September 24, 2009

Slingers lost to Smart Gilas


Singapore Slingers had a tough loss of 3 pts to Smart Gilas Pilipinas tonight - 67-70 was the final score. Our locals played well again with great tight defense. Unfortunately we lost ground in the centre, and allowed many alley hoop dunks which were a joy in the stands as many Filipinos came to cheer their team. Got my friends, Kelvin, Keith and Vicky along tonight to help cheer for the Slingers.

With loud chants for defence as the game was closely contested tonight, my friends realised they were mere squeaks and shouting with the wrong crowd. After the match, they lamented the fact that it feels like they are not in Singapore Indoor Stadium, that this is not on home court. Like the S-League, it seems that locals are too pre-occupied with work or their busy lifestyle, the passionate Filipinos are more interested in a live game of basketball. I do hope Kelvin being a local school teacher with experience as basketball coaching will encourage more Singaporeans to come support the Slingers and have our boys a louder cheer.

I will have my detailed review of the match soon.

Note: Crossed my 10k pictures snapped on my DSLR tonight, numbers revert back to 0001 and almost had a shocked that I might have lost some photos!