Thursday, September 24, 2009

Digital Photography

With the advent of digital photography, there is now an influx of many amateurs who were once stopped by the cost of film (or for the matter of processing film in order to learn from bad shots, now it is shoot and review) and high barriers of entry for expensive equipment. I've always love photography, and admire the works of many journalists or cameramen since I was young. With the birth of great engineering marvel of a digital camera, and with the ease of reviewing and editing photos, and sharing them online on Flickr or Facebook - it allows constructive criticisms and improvements to be made.

There are now no fast rules to improving your pictures, and everyone has their own styles and perspective. And very often I am happy I have a bunch of friends who quite often share and explain how to improve my shots. I think the world is much better off shooting pictures than shooting off bullets, where recently it is reported that US is having a shortage of ammos.

I welcome more photographers as we look through the world with our lens and capture the beauty from our perspective. Got all excited about photography today again as I find out I can actually take Lomo-style photos with this Diana Lens and Adapter for DSLRs. I know we can actually post-process it on the computer to get the Lomographic Effect, but I am such a procrastinator when it comes to editing pictures...and do not believe in post-processing what we see through the lens.

Hope to get the adapter and lens soon!!