Thursday, April 03, 2008

Always buying sneakers? It's the sign of a leader - that's me!!!




Picture of the shoes I just got lately from US and Japan (Jordan Men's Team 9.5; Jordan 1 Low East; Jordan XX2 5/8). Yeah they are all Jordans. 80% of all my shoes are Jordans, thereby making 90% Nike.







Just read this interesting poll on Yahoo...

Not sure if its true..been apprehensive on articles released online on 1st April after getting conned on mrbrown.

But this one by Reuters, should be quite accurate lar..and it gives me an excuse to get more kicks.

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) - Got a passion for buying sneakers? It could be a good sign, with a poll finding that people who buy three pairs of sneakers or more a year are far more likely to be a leadership type that other people.

Mindset Media, a media company that examines personality traits of different consumers, found that people who buy more than three pairs of sneakers a year are 61 percent more likely to have the qualities of a modern leader.

These qualities were defined as having ideas and vision, and a style with others that is both inclusive and decisive.

The survey of 7,500 people, using market research group Nielsen's online panel, found multi-sneaker buyers were 50 percent more likely to be very assertive and 47 percent more likely to be spontaneous.

Lauren Arvonio, a spokeswoman for Mindset Media, said sneaker buyers were more likely to fly by the seat of their pants.

"It is often said you can tell a lot about a person by the shoes they wear, and now we have some hard data to back that up," Arvonio told Reuters.

"What is interesting is that these personality traits held true across the board, regardless of age, income, or gender."



First of all, note they mentioned sneakers, not shoes...so no pointy leather, suede shoes we wear to work kind. It's sneakers, so myself and Jase qualify!! I always wanted to put up my entire collection of my sneakers, I have so far lost count, last was about 40? Jase should have about 50 plus..

I have reached the quota for this year on having 61% possibility of being a modern leader! Wondering if we buy more than 5 pairs, do we have 80-90% leadership qualities? Haha..Now tell that to my mom who is complaining about me filling up 3/5s of the shoe rack shared by 4, not forgetting those still in their shoes boxes in my room. I leader-like leh..give me more space! Still waiting for my own place to put up my wall-to-wall shoe display case...dreaming. Right now me and Jase only got a small display glass cabinet to put the nicest ones.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh~ problem with my collection is that the shoes are now mouldy, beyond wear or collection and hence, time to get rid of them...aye!!

Should have stuck to those rubber-sole ones..more lasting eh?

airworm said...

Yeah..i still have most of them..my 40 pairs I think half should be mouldy as well..need to get a kick ass air tight display case.

Anonymous said...

Wahaha u 2 ladies put together will make Imelda blush!

ignorantia said...

you are part of the problem.

Quote:
The multi-billion dollar sportswear company Nike admitted that it "blew it" by employing children in Third World countries but added that ending the practice might be difficult.

airworm said...

KP> imelda has over thousands..me n jase no such $$$ leh and space as well..and you used to join us with lots of shoes remember?

yj>well, sorry hor we buy Jordans one..atas kind, not those <$100 pairs made by Third World Country children hor.

Anonymous said...

Love those shoes

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.