Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I need you, and that's all

Recently I had a lot of reflecting thoughts, this usually occurs prior to the new year and reviewing what has been done so far. There is a long post which I wanted to write about, it has so much content, it's been hard trying to write in a way I can get the final message across otherwise it might come across conflicting. It will be blogged for posterity sake and for reflecting maybe in 10 years time. So that's the procrastinating excuse for being slow.

But a short prelude to that impending blog post is that I had the opportunity to chat with my other half and finding out what we want in life. Do we need to live a life based on the number on our paycheck? Does self-worth need to be measure by numbers? We somehow seem to be able to live comfortably here on a single paycheck with no inclinations to compete, to feel inferior from the lack of material wealth. We seem more concern with merely fulfilling our lives enriched with actual things to do, more time to think..to experiment..to explore. Isn't that what life is about? I dread going back to a life when we get caught up in the rat race all over again. I finally understand why over 300,000 Singaporeans choose to never come back though they never gave up the citizenship. For now, this song has been playing on my Nexus 7 paired with my underutilized Hidden Radio - repeat mode.