Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Closer to the Edge

Going to the edge at Grand Canyon 2010.
As we come closer to the end of 2010, self-reflection sets in.

One of my philosophy in life is "No regrets" because in the end it makes us who we are..and we have to be true to ourselves. We alone are answerable for our decisions; our choices...
I love to live life to the edge, I thrive on extreme sports, anything with speed, fast with the wind-in-my-face feeling. I indulge in go-karting, mountain biking, inline skating, tracking the car, wakeboarding, rollercoaster rides...basically anything that throws caution to the wind, living life with the possibility of risking the body to  injuries or death. I already have 2 broken bones, numerous scars and many body areas which are void of hair growth due to the amount of scrapped flesh suffered from high speed falls.

But all this will stop and change when we finally have someone that matters in our lives. Our decisions now affect them, like I won't ever want to lose them, they will not want to lose me. So I hope I can find passion in other safer ways. Since I picked up roller skating when I was 7 or 8, I guess I have lived quite an eventful 20-odd years. As I slowly relinquish some of my gears, my go-kart and quite possibly get ready for a safer set of wheels in a couple more years, life's journey has finally reached another stage. I can't wait.

One song which drives passion into my soul, each time I hear it is by 30 Seconds to Mars called Closer to the Edge. And the chorus goes like this:

No no no no
I will never forget
No no
I will never regret
No no
I will live my life


This video blew me away. Watch it, one of the quotes in there echoes my words exactly.

Here we go 2011.