Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Have Acrophobia

There are engineering jobs which requires engineers to climb up communication antennas to fix - it is not for me. I don't care how much they are paid, but no amount can get me to climb up broadcast towers which are 1786 feet tall! That's higher than the Empire State Building (1250ft)!



Anyway check out this video before it's taken off  - sorry I cannot embed it here. As it was just taken off Youtube as the engineer's company came to find out about it, as it was done as a favour to headmount the camera to the engineer's helmet...I had vertigo just watching his climb all the way up. Totally no safety line, just hands and feet going up the tower! Awesome view, just not sure if he fell down, would the video feed put me out to sleep...???

Courtesy of the OnlineEngineer and the current host of this site as it re-host from Youtube.

*Update - managed to find a Yahoo repost and embed the video here (ooh I love the internet) :