Tuesday, February 09, 2010

We will be back! Go Slingers!

The game played as I flew back from Taipei to Singapore. And as when I landed with anticipation; secretly turning on my mobile with silent mode enabled as the plane taxied into the airport, the sms from Jase came with a heavy heart. Slingers have lost finals decider game 3 76-86 at home. What's worst is that the Indo dynamic duo imports played a great game despite the online trash talking, smashing the Slingers' dreams of reaching the first ABL finals to bits and Jase's lens as well. Full match report from ABL here.



Well, since I wasn't at the game, I can only share what my friend George captured with Nic's and Slingers media pass. Love George's style though it was his first time on court and here's how a great wedding photographer sees the game. Unlike my photos which quite often are not credited, would appreciate if the pictures are used for blogs and all, to credit George Chia for his works. I leave you with the disappointments and celebrations observed at the Singapore Indoor Stadium last Sunday.

Marcus clearly disappointed as the Satria Muda players celebrate.
From what I heard, I wished our fans could be more like theirs, be it loud or obnoxious.
See how hard our boys trained.

Thanks to all the Slinger players for giving their all, hope to see everyone back next season for another run as we try to grow stronger and play better! Even great players and teams had their setbacks and journeys. I say a victory ain't sweet until we truly work hard for it - together. We will get them next time!