Friday, March 28, 2008

Juicy exciting news about the Singapore Slingers!

Usually I try to blog once a day, that's about it. But this news just came hot off the press, and I am so excited about it - I just wanna share with those who have been following my blog on the developments of the baby Slingers team.

If you read my previous post on the lost to Adelaide 36ers. There are a few reasons to why we lost, well the people behind the Slingers have managed to turn it around to our advantage and might be the reason why we WILL WIN more games this season!!!

Well, what I've heard is that the Slingers have managed to signed their prize recruit of Darren Ng for the upcoming season. Darren was #8 when playing for 36ers, and normally I keep track of Jersey # numbers, in case they get famous like #23 aka Michael Jordan's number! Well luckily there is no #8 in Slingers previous season line up, though not sure if Darren will opt for #8 again. He might choose it because he likes Kobe (who was #8 before he became #24 in Lakers), but maybe also because Darren NG is ASIAN. #8 is fatt in Cantonese(meaning prosperous and all Asians love it, just check out the car numbers on the Singapore roads, even Jase and myself have a #8 in our license plate #).

More about Darren, he has family in both Singapore and Kuala Lumpur and I feel he will become the new local hero for the Slingers, replacing Michael Wong who probably had to go back to teaching. The 6'3" guard averaged 13.3 points per game last season in 30 games played with the Adelaide 36ers. Darren is in his final years of studying to become a medical Doctor and will go back to Adelaide in the off-season to continue his residency. The 25 year old will join Singapore in July.

Any other juicy news, like if he's single (Not because I am gay hor, but for the single female readers out there, who even google on Shane McDonald's CLEO's 50 Most Eligible Bachelor - oh and if you are interested if Shane's back...well let's just say come for the season opening game, I promise you Shane will probably still be there signing your autographs) or will he open his own clinic here...haha well I hope Slingers management will let me chat with him, or even have a game with him once he gets here.


Other non-exciting news would be new sponsors like Novotel and shareholders Jobstreet.com (this one no love - haven't managed to find me good jobs, though lots of lobang lar)

I can't wait for the new season to start...whoever want free tics, put some comments on how you feel and if you are as excited as I am, and like a queue system, I see what I can do.

No comments: