Monday, November 22, 2010

Truth in numbers

Like my earlier blog entry, numbers like words can be presented in a misleading way if not known to the untrained eye. Numbers like data can be manipulated. So how well you sieve out the truth depends on how well you read or understand what is presented and why it is presented that way. That is why I love statistics, the art in numbers in this field is very interesting. I have been following this guy, Mr Leong for quite some time...there is little bullshit one can pull when it comes to presenting the truth in numbers. An interesting interview of the man himself and how this dare-to-be-different-Rafflesian thinks in his perspective.

Everyone has to start thinking or decide if the blue pill of blissful ignorance is really the way to go. In order for anyone to have a future, be it for yourself or generations to come, you have to make choices. Or would you rather have none? I remembered my favorite quote in "A few good men" - You want answers? I want the truth...YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. In all cases, we deserve what we have decided on.