Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Need a manual


Last Saturday as I was on my way out for lunch..my car had an indicator light that came on which I have not seen before or have any idea what it meant. So as I always have a electronic copy of my car manual in my mobile as the original one is in Japanese, since my car is JDM. It took a while on my LG Renoir to search through the manual from my small touchscreen. And found out it was an engine coolant level warning light. So a quick call to my mechanic showed it was not checked during the last checkup and a quick top up using water will do.

Somehow it crossed my mind how good it is if we have a manual for everything when indicators come on to signal something is wrong. This especially apply on the members of the opposite sex. It is one species whom I can never fathom or figure out.
There are so many help books like Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus, which I think it's still lacking. Women being so fickle and difficult especially during times of the month which makes them totally irrational and emotional.

I just wish I have a manual to help me through relationships which have failed on me so many times. She says "You decide on what to eat, I have no preference"; reply "Let's eat KFC"; - "NO!" I wish I could flip to page 435 of "Dummies guide to Women 101 Bible" and figure out what they really want.

Is it true that soul mates exists? And there is a "one" out there for each and every one of us that would complement our characters, our needs and goals? I beg to differ as experience showed that relationships really require effort and is the culmination of hardwork. Many men have dreaded the great "M" or "C" word which will kill the freedom we all crave. More boys' time to play PS3? Hang out with the Bros? I've heard the praises of men who remained single and enjoying bachelorhood. But we all desire the opposite of what we can't have - it's just human nature to get what you cannot have. And when you get it, you might really not want it.

In this case, will we ever be happy? How do we really know what we want?

Sometimes happiness treads on a big fat gray line, we just need to stop assuming if we crossed the line and just start living.

No comments: