Sunday, November 09, 2008

Serendipity~1


I remember watching this movie starring Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack and somehow it blew me over. It was a crappy romantic movie which normally being a logical analytical person I am, it was impossible and totally out of this world.
But somehow it struck me, that I wish I could have that sort of love where you meet someone totally out of the blue and fall in love within hours of meeting that person. That somehow you felt that fate brought you two together; that somehow you knew that cupid pulled that magical tiny bow driving an arrow through the heart and logic became nonsense and ridiculous all at the same time.

This blog entry was to come after I had time to write about my US trip which I put off for way too long. I came back from New York with a job and the jobscope was what I needed to fill my mind. But New York besides got me started on my career, it somehow cleared my head and I found my soul back. If I had time I will want to blog about how it came about, me finding my soul back. Because without a soul, noone can love or should fall in love. Anyway to cut a long story short, I saw this very cafe which the movie Serendipity was filmed - It was called Serendipity 3 where movie stars, celebs hang out, do check out the website. It passed me by so fast as I was on top of the NY city tour bus. But I knew it wasn't a mistake or just a movie prop, it was indeed for real. The movie was probably spurned from this cafe as it was filmed in 2001 and the cafe was founded in 1954 at 225 East 60th Street. Hope I can visit it the next time I head to NY for work again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

~Fate, is an excuse for why we end up where we do! Our 'Actions' predetermine our Destiny, our 'Reactions' seals that fate!~

airworm said...

I agree with you completely. Fate is but an excuse. Actions determine what we want and the future holds the fate. Sometimes I wish I have the balls to act on things I really want.